This is a listing of the events shown in the Bible which will occur during the “end times”. Even among those who hold a pre-millennial view of the end times, there are differences about the order of these events, but almost all think of these events as occurring during the end times.
EVENTS IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE SEVEN-YEAR PERIOD
- The Church raptured: John 14:1-3, 1 Cor. 15:51,52; 1 Thess. 4:16-18; Rev. 3:10.
- The Restrainer removed: 2 Thess. 2:7.
- The Judgment Seat of Christ (in heaven): 1 Cor. 3:12-15; 2 Cor. 5:10.
- The anti-Christ rises to power over the Roman confederacy: Dan. 7:20, 24.
EVENT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEVEN-YEAR PERIOD
- The antichrist (the coming “ruler”) makes a covenant with Israel: Dan. 9:26,27.
EVENTS IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE SEVEN-YEAR PERIOD
- Israel living in peace in the land: Ezek. 38:8.
- Temple sacrifices re-instituted: Rev. 11:1,2.
- World church dominates religion and the anti-Christ: Rev. 17.
EVENTS JUST BEFORE THE MIDDLE OF THE SEVEN-YEAR PERIOD
- Gog and his allies invade Palestine from the north: Eze. 38:2-6,22
- Gog and his allies destroyed by God: Eze. 38:17-23.
EVENTS AT THE MIDDLE OF THE SEVEN-YEAR PERIOD
- Satan cast down from heaven and energizes the anti-Christ: Rev. 12:12-17.
- The anti-Christ breaks his covenant with Israel, causing her sacrifices to cease: Dan. 9:27.
- The ten kings under the anti-Christ destroy the world church: Rev. 17:16-18.
- The 144,000 Israelites saved and sealed: Rev. 7:1-8.
EVENTS OF THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEVEN YEAR PERIOD
- Rebellion (apostasy) against the truth in the professing church: Matt. 24:12; 2 Thess. 2:3.
- the anti-Christ becomes a world ruler (first seal, Rev. 6:1,2), with support of the Western confederacy: Rev. 13:5-7; 17:12,13.
- The anti-Christ is revealed as “the man of lawlessness” or “the lawless one”: 2 Thess. 2:3,8,9.
- War, famine, and death (2nd, 3rd, and 4th seals): Rev. 6:3-8.
- Converted multitudes from every nation are martyred (5th seal): Rev. 6:9-11; 7:9-14; Matt. 24:9.
- Natural disturbances and worldwide fear of divine wrath (6th seal): Rev. 6:12-17.
- The anti-Christ’s image (an “abomination”) is set up for worship: Dan. 9:27; Matt. 24:15; 2 Thess. 2:4; Rev. 13:14,15.
- Two witnesses begin their ministry: Rev. 11:3.
- The false prophet promotes the anti-Christ, who is worshipped by nations and unbelieving Israel: Matt. 24:11,12; 2 Thess. 2:11; Rev. 13:14,11-15.
- The mark of the Beast is used to promote worship of the anti-Christ: Rev. 13:16-18.
- Israel scattered because of the anger of Satan (Rev. 12:6, 13-17) and because of the “abomination” (the anti-Christ’s image) in the temple (Matt. 24:15-26).
- Jerusalem overrun by Gentiles: Luke 21:24; Rev. 11:2.
- The anti-Christ and false prophets deceive many people: Matt. 24:11; 2 Thess. 2:9-11.
- The gospel of the Kingdom is proclaimed: Matt. 24:14.
- Israel persecuted by the anti-Christ: Jer. 30:5-7; Dan. 12:1; Zech. 13:8; Matt. 24:21,22.
- Trumpet judgments (Rev. 8 and 9) and bowl judgments (Rev. 16) are poured out by God on the anti-Christ’s empire.
- Blasphemy increases as the judgments intensify: Rev. 16:8-11.
EVENTS CONCLUDING THE SEVEN-YEAR PERIOD
- Two witnesses slain by the anti-Christ: Rev. 11:7.
- Two witnesses resurrected: Rev. 11:11,12.
- The king of the South and the king of the North fight against the anti-Christ: Dan. 11:40.
- The anti-Christ enters Palestine and defeats Egypt, Libya, and Ethiopia: Dan. 11:40-43.
- Armies from the East and the North move toward Palestine: Dan. 11:44; Rev. 16:12.
- Jerusalem is ravaged: Zech. 14:1-4.
- Commercial Babylon is destroyed: Rev. 16:19; 18:1-3, 21-24.
- Signs appear in the earth and sky: Isa. 13:10; Joel 2:10,30,31; 3:15; Matt. 24:29.
- Christ returns with the armies of Heaven: Matt. 24:27-31; Rev. 19:11-16.
- Jews flee Jerusalem, facilitated by topographical changes: Zech. 14:5.
- Armies unite at Armageddon against Christ and the armies of Heaven: Joel 3:9-11; Rev. 16;16; 19:17-19.
- Armies are destroyed by Christ: Rev. 19:19,21.
- The “beast” (anti-Christ) and the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire: Rev. 19:20.
EVENTS FOLLOWING THE SEVEN-YEAR PERIOD
- Final regathering of Israel: Isa. 11:11,12; Jer. 30:3; Eze. 36:24; 37:1-14; Amos 9:14,15; Micah 4:6,7; Matt. 24:31.
- A remnant of Israelites turn to the Lord and are forgiven and cleansed: Hosea 14:1-5; Zech. 12:10; 13:1.
- National deliverance of Israel from the anti-Christ: Dan. 12:1; Zech. 12:10; 13:1; Rom. 11:26,27